Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mailing from Bill

I got my second dispatch from Bill Shatner's DVD club, a movie called Immortel. It's a European coproduction, but a mostly French film in concept and execution. I watched it, but was multitasking at the time and can't say for certain I knew what was going on. It had something to do with an Egyptian god (Horus) resurrected and doomed to die again who contrives to possess the body of some kind of freedom fighter (oh, did I mention that the setting is New York in some genetically-altered dystopian future?) so he can have several possibly non-consensual sexual encounters with a blue-haired mutant woman. I'll have to watch it again at some point to get more of it.

The movie had two important features that caught my attention. One, Charlotte Rampling. Two, all the backgrounds were CGI, as in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Several of the characters, as well, are computer generated. It doesn't really work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home