Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Meme

Having been threatened with exile if I don't contribute to this meme, so here it goes.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Can't think of one

The last book you bought is:
Hmm... I don't recall. Lately I've been reading library books and stuff I get sent for free. The last book I checked out of the library was Applied Bayesian Modeling and Causal Inference from Incomplete-Data Perspectives. It's a collection of articles on statistical issues marked by the contributions of Donald Rubin.

The last book you read:
As I haven't read all of the above (and probably won't) the last book I actually read all the way through was Taking the Constitution Away from the Courts, which I've read before, but needed to review.

What are you currently reading?
I'm in the middle of The Dante Club and The Politics of Constitutional Review in Germany.

Five books you would take to a deserted island
Finnegans Wake; I've read it twice before, but I still can't give you a strong account of what it's about. The notion of returning from a deserted island speaking a private language appeals to me, though.

Econometric Analysis; I'd also like to come back with a huge list of errata for the next edition

Humboldt's Gift, Saul Bellow; I took an English class for which it was the only text. I recall thinking that it was a bit much to spend a whole semester on this novel, but I carry related and fond memories of the book and Chicago, the city it is set in and in which I lived at the time.

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said, Philip K. Dick; among my favorite PKD books and probably the one that bears rereading best

I can't think of a fifth. Besides, if I have too much to read, I'll never get to marking up Greene.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Scanning my blogroll, I see people who have already done this, people I don't want to burden with such responsibility, and Richard Posner and Gary Becker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home