Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Another post about William Shatner

I started this post as a weekend wrapup yesterday, but blogger was giving me grief, so I did something worthwhile instead. I'm leaving for a conference tomorrow and should be preparing now, but I'm blogging instead.

Boston Legal wasn't on last night, but I was thinking about Shatner anyway this weekend as I reflected on the enduring wisdom and deep knowledge contained in his last album. I couldn't help it; events (aren't they always at fault?) kept conspiring to bring Shatner's observations and predictions to mind. The Pope died, just as Shatner said he would (in "You'll Have Time"). I filled up my car with gas on Sunday, paying $2.10 per gallon, up from about $2 a few days ago just as oil crept toward $60 a barrel (and futures exceeded that) recently. I passed the same station yesterday and saw that a gallon of unleaded leaped up nearly another $.10 between Sunday and Monday. Of course, as Shatner (with Henry Rollins) remarked in "I Can't Get Behind That", "I can't understand why the price of gas suddenly rises when oil goes up, but takes months to go down long after oil falls."

I haven't seen Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous yet and will probably wait for its inevitable USA Network premiere. With any luck, that will prevent this page from becoming some sort of weird "Bill Shatner tribute blog" that would invariably end up as Cruel Site of the Day at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home