Tuesday, March 29, 2005

New Music

I haven't bought much so far this year. Stereogum has posted a link (thanks to bump for the link) to a single from the "new" Gorillaz, which is OK. Frankly, I prefer Dan and Del's track from the Handsome Boy album last year, but I thought the first Gorillaz CD was overrated as well.

Lots of other stuff on the Stereogum April Jukebox as well, with promising-sounding stuff, including new Ben Folds (bit of a Brian Wilson vibe in there), The Books, a new Verve Remix album, Solomon Burke, and others. Some of these have been out for awhile, but I'm still high on MIA's "Sunshowers" (any cover of Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band is mod, even though Ghostface did it first). At first I thought Keane were just a poppier Coldplay clone, but I realized that couldn't be right, because I like Keane.

Still haven't picked up the new Aesop Rock or Prefuse 73, MF Doom has another new album (although it's a live one) and there's new Fantomas on the horizon. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to them yet, but The Wire has a couple of MF Doom tracks for download.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mr. Arkadin said...

Those tracks are from Doom's last album, Mmm..Food, which I wrote about here.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home