Friday, May 26, 2006

Somebody set up us the bomb

I was thrown out of my office in downtown Atlanta yesterday afternoon by the sounding of a fire alarm that eventually was revealed to have been prompted by a bomb of some type. Persistent rumor among those milling about on the street held that a device was discovered in the third floor men's restroom. Explosives teams were present along with about 50 different jurisdictions of law enforcement (we are less than a mile from the state capitol building) and I got to watch the little bomb disposing robot roll into the building at one point.

They were still preparing to deal with the device when I left at about 5:30, so I went home without my wallet or any work materials. Now, however, I can't find anything in the news about the incident at all. It's like the whole thing never happened. Irritating.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you know you probably alerted homeland security with so many mentions of the word b*mb, right? :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Arkadin said...

I hadn't thought about that, but they were going to catch up with me eventually anyway.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home