Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend - Busy not grading

I was supposed to finish grading students' exams this weekend in preparation for giving my other exam today, but I found I was far too busy. I did get some grading done, but my time was full with engagements, like a Kentucky Derby party hosted by Andrew and Mary (whose book is coming out later this year!) My wife continued her uncanny winning streak, co-winning the pool (with Scott Strader, who passed along this hilarious analysis of Dan Brown) while I successfully picked the 19th place horse in the field.

Sunday, I attended an art exhibit opening at Grow Salon and dropped by Inman Perk for some coffee and a bit of chocolate mousse cake. In between these vital appointments, I saw a few horror flicks on Tivo or video. Sure, I did a bit of grading while on the couch watching Hand of Death and The Ghost Galleon, but there's only so much marking one can do without missing an important development in the plot.

Fortunately, I'm almost done grading this first batch of exams now and felt like everyone needed to know. Meanwhile, check out this recent post about alleged allegations against current Bush judicial nominees on the ACSBlog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home