Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Currently on the CR Wishlist...

The Complete Mr. Arkadin. I'll definitely pick this up really soon, so it won't stay wishlisted for very long. Three discs, three different versions of one of my favorite movies. I'm thinking that I'll write a comparison of the three versions (two of which I've seen before, albeit in poor transfers) here after I've acquired the set.

I don't have a lot of Criterion discs, owing mainly to the fact that I tend to buy things that I can find used/cheap. For that reason, my DVD collection is pretty extensive, but not especially coherent. Looking at the Criterion Collection website, however, I notice these other recent or upcoming releases that I'd like to get:
- Elevator to the Gallows
- Young Mr. Lincoln
- Equinox
- Yi Yi (where the hell is A Brighter Summer Day?)
- A Canterbury Tale
- Viridiana
On top of that, it only takes a moment of browsing to pick several times that many films in the collection I want. And that's why I hardly ever browse the retail price section of stores and websites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home