Friday, June 24, 2005

Don't Grok what you can't parse

Among the other late-term confections expected Monday from SCOTUS is the MGM v Grokster decision. I wrote earlier that I think this is another case of a 9th circuit decision pitting the conservative case outcome preferences of certain members of the Court against their desire to see generally conservative legal principles, much like Raich.

The NYT has this coverage of the blogosphere speculation. Most seem to anticipate a reversal, which I agree with, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a narrow reversal more suggestive of future legal developments than instructive. On that note, I also agree with Edward Felten that this decision will punt, once again, any difficult legal questions into Congress' territory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home