Thursday, June 16, 2005

Suit for a Hoot

Three former students at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale are suing Hooters Air for stealing their "concept, plan and work product" for the airline.

In truth, I was thinking about suing Ashton Kutcher earlier this week, since I came up with the idea for Beauty and the Geek fifteen years ago while I was studying for a physics exam. But, these guys actually gave their idea to a guy who works for Hooters. Naturally, Hooters says there's nothing to their claim, but I've visited SIU Carbondale and I can easily imagine their undergrads coming up with that idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Arkadin said...

Hey, it's the Val Kilmer character from Real Genius. I don't know the answer to that question, unfortunately.

Before I accidentally spread mistaken impressions, I should point out that an idea alone can't be considered intellectual property. I would have to go a lot further than "there should be a tv-show where hot chicks and total dorks are paired together and learn to accept each other" to claim ownership of the conception.

My pedagogical nature and my humorous instincts don't get along very well.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home