Monday, January 23, 2006

Experiment aborted

For the first couple weeks of 2006, I kept meaning to post about something (the Alito hearings, my decision to quit Greencine, the Administration's wire tapping orders, the Golden Globes, etc.) Then approaching the end of the third week, I thought it might be more interesting to not post at all in January. Not only would that make a powerful statement about the blogosphere (that millions of other blogs are making as well; it's like a movement) but it would allow me to learn whether blogger would put up an archive link for a month that has no posts in it.

However, I've got something that's just too important to share with the world and must abandon the "no posting" project.

Everyone has heard about the William Shatner DVD Club by now. Of course, I joined as soon as I heard about it (January 10th, to be exact.) I figured, there's at least an hour and a half each month that would be better spent watching a movie chosen for me by William Shatner than doing whatever I would be doing otherwise.

I was a little troubled by the fact that I hadn't seen my initial free DVD in the mail yet, despite having joined nearly two weeks ago. Well, what should I receive today but an email from the General Manager of the Club informing me that due to the overwhelming response of the last couple of weeks, they ran short of DVDs. Mine should be going in the mail tomorrow and to compensate me for the delay they are sending me (get this) another free DVD with my initial delivery!

Shatner is awesome. Expect regular reviews of the movies from the William Shatner DVD club collection here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home