Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Year of Doom ahead

Well check me out... I wonder in print why Doom hasn't collaborated with Ghostface and sure enough, news comes out that such a thing is in the works. As reported (if that's the right word for it) on Hip Hop DX, Ghostface is set to work (separately) with MF Doom and Def Jux producer/MC/entrepreneur El-P. This story was posted last week, so I'll credit myself with the uncanny ability to predict the recent past.

The Doom/Ghostface collaboration is a natural fit and has me downright excited. Working with El-P isn't as predictable, although I can see where their mutual interests might lie. To me, the fact that they're both working with Prefuse 73 is at least as promising as putting Ghost and El-P on a track together.

Enthusiasm should remain muted until reports start to appear in more creditable sources, but it is good news. Actually, given the rate at which hip hop collaborations fail or turn out to be internet inventions, enthusiasm should be muted until you're actually listening to the thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike H. said...

http://www.problemsoftheworld.com/music/Ghostface%20&%20MF%20Doom/Operation%20Ironman/

News ghostface / Doom has leaked. Check it out.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home