Friday, December 10, 2004

Tweaked again

The Court has accepted another 9th Circuit opinion for review, this one in favor of two peer-to-peer file sharing services. Judge Steven R. Thomas, who wrote the opinion for the 9th Circuit, is a Clinton appointee, but marshals a traditionally conservative argument to oppose legal intervention against file sharing: that government intrusion into markets threatens technological innovation. Once again, this case represents an arguably liberal outcome (a ruling against large business interests) supported by a traditionally conservative doctrine, leaving the high court with a choice between allowing the former to stand or blemishing the latter. In this case, I'm not even sure the Court will reverse.

In other news, the Court also accepted a property case out of the 9th circuit involving 5th Amendment takings doctrine, although it appears that the Court has limited its inquiry into the collateral estoppel question.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Arkadin,
I was looking for information about p2p file sharing when I came across your blog. Tweaked again doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on p2p file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Arkadin,
I was looking for information about file sharing when I came across your blog. Tweaked again doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Arkadin,
I have been researching file sharing software resources and I stumbled upon your blog. Although Tweaked again isn't what I was really after, it made a change from the usual run-of-the-mill blogs I normally seem to find. I'm going now to find more information on file sharing software. Take care.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Arkadin,
I was researching file sharing related stuff when I found your blog. While Tweaked again wasn't exactly what I was after, it made interesting reading so I'll be sure to pop by again. I'm off to find out more information about file sharing. Keep up the good work.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home