Monday, December 06, 2004

The Mouse that Roared

No, not this one and I don't have HBO, so I won't get a chance to see the Peter Sellers biopic anytime soon. This one's from Woody Allen, writing in the New Yorker. I haven't seen a Woody Allen film since 2000, but apparently I haven't been missing anything. It's nice to see some more comedic prose from him though, especially since he gets to put all that time spent in court in the last ten years to use. Coincidentally, What's New, Pussycat? was on cable this weekend late at night and I forgot to tape it.

I can't let this go without pointing out the tradition of adult fairy tale and cartoon character references in rap. See Ice Cube's "A Gangsta's Fairytale Parts 1 and 2," "Cartoon Capers" by Kool Keith and Dan the Automator, "The Forest" from Ghostface Killah and "Crookie Monster" by Agallah, which you can listen to here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home